Tuesday, April 17, 2012

oh my goodness i did it!!!!!


april 17th. tax day
i CANNOT believe that i finally figured out how to add photos. yeah! this is me holding my brother's quilt. the second picture is the quilting i did on it. i have an HQ16 and i love it. i had wanted to make my brother a little more complicated quilt but i bought the material before i picked out the pattern (something i'm always doing) and try as i might i couldn't seem to find a pattern to fit the material (if you know what i mean). so instead i made this simple quilt which is one of my standby patterns and quilted the heck out of it. he loves it. he caught his dog harley trying to take it outside to lay on it so he's put it in his motorhome. a place where his animals are not allowed. he lives in sunny california but the nights get cool and he's using it regularly. well the weather up here is absolutely wonderful today. i have all of the windows open and there's a soft sweet breeze flowing in the windows. i am waiting for my sister to skype me and after we have our daily chat i'll be working on trying to put pictures in my etsy shop. i just finished the cutest apron. it is a 1940s print and honestly it looks wonderful. i made my own binding and it has sort of a scalloped hem to it so it looks very professional and neat. it was fun to do to boot! this is going to a friends son and bride to be for their bridal shower gift. i'm making liam a barbeque apron to match and then potholders. then i'm making the most darling pillowcases out of cream colored kona cotton with a little old fashioned lace and ribbon on the trim. they look really elegant and the nicest thing is that people always rave to me how nicely they hold up after years of use. when i make them i'll post the pictures so that you can see them. well, my sister's calling. have a great day......i'm going to. nancyb

No comments:

Post a Comment